So, whether you’re looking to sell something or to build traffic by earning links from others, you’ll need to tell compelling stories that grab attention and connect with people so that they’ll respond the way you want. The best known process is called AIDA.
- Attention – grab attention
- Interest – build interest
- Desire – create desire
- Action – require action
If you’ve learned anything about marketing, you more than likely already know about this concept. However, we would like to introduce something more advanced, and from our experiences, will boost sales every single time.
It’s Original And It’s Powerful
It’s an original concept we call the “5 W’S”.
The 5 W’S stands for (not in any definite order):
- WHO – introduces the presenter/seller & who it’s for
- WHEN – builds credibility of establishment
- WHAT – explains what it’s about
- WHERE – entails proof of claims (testimonials)
- WHY – reasons to take action (examples, benefits)
- SO – directions on how to take action
“So” is the most important element because, regardless of what is being presented to the reader – so what? It goes beyond the “why” of things and gets you to find more than just a USP (unique selling proposition).
These elements seem quite obvious, but this concept breaks down an entire sales letter or pitch down to exactly what is needed for a successful copy. Look at EVERY successful business and you will see the 5 W’S in action.
Here are examples from some of the best marketers in the world:
- Take a look at Jay Abraham, probably the best and well-known marketer of all time. Browse through his website and you’ll see the 5 W’S emerge.
- Drop on by Dan Kennedy‘s website. You’ll also notice the 5 W’S at play.
- Journey on over to Dr. Joe Vitale, the “world’s first Hypnotic Marketer.” Though he only does public speaking, you can learn a lot from his website.
- Last, but certainly not least, take a look at Yanik Silver‘s website. One of the best examples we’ve found.
Can you see what’s going on here? It’s a lot more than just “AIDA”. The 5 W’S do not have to be applied to a single page, but an entire website. If you do not have these elements applied to your business you are either losing a lot of potential sales or you will go out of business. That’s the sad truth.
What We Do As Copywriters
Our job as copywriters isn’t to write compelling stories or use all the correct punctuations and grammars your English professor preach about everyday. Absolutely not!
Our job as copywriters is to increase your bottom-line (more sales and more profits). That’s it! Simple as that!
Your website could receive a million visitors a day, but without good copy all of those visitors will just leave and find someone else.
Copywriting is salesmanship in print. A sales letter can be used over and over while a verbal sale is a sales technique that has to be pitched to each and every person over and over. That’s poor time management and poor marketing leverage.
Copywriting is the foundation of all the money you’ll ever make. Be sure to request a free analysis of your website from our New Apps Media team. You’ll be required to indicate what type of analysis you want. You can select specifically copywriting or you may select other options. Those will be the things we will research and analyze for you.